DoorDash Free Delivery Code
What is DoorDash?
Born in Stanford dorms and powered by ever-improving connectivity, Doordash takes the best of local business merchandise and delivers it (literally!) to your door-step. With delivery times less than 45 minutes, it takes the ‘Dash’ bit seriously.
Save with a DoorDash free delivery code
The convenience of home delivery and delicious local food tastes even better when it’s gift-wrapped in deals. There are several ways to waive the delivery charges or parts of your bill.
- First time users may create an account at the DoorDash website, or download the app. New users can avail a free delivery on their first order, $1 for their first order etc.
- Opt-in for the emails/ app notifications and connect on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to get periodic promotional emails with free delivery codes to waive your delivery charges entirely.
- Popular coupon sites like: Gilt City, Coupons.com, Fatwallet.com and DoorDash blogs give out codes like DASH20, LUVFOOD etc. several times a year, which can be used towards free delivery.
- You can even accumulate credits from promo codes, referrals etc. adding up to a free delivery, or better yet, an entire order for free!
How to redeem the code?
DoorDash allows redeeming the code only through the platform. If you’ve dealt with GrubHub, Eat24, Foodspotting or Groupon, you already know the deal. Simply select the menu items and enter the code at checkout. You never have to deal with individual merchants.
If you’re unhappy – call 650-681-9470 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and our excellent refund policy kicks in. Google Wallet and Apple Pay integrations make ordering and paying a cinch, even when you’re on the go.
It’s simple, quick and hassle-free!
What does a DoorDash free delivery code get you?
For a start, many local merchants pay commissions to be part of DoorDash, which in turn means DoorDash charges a fee on top of their regular store prices for delivery. DoorDash has its own flat delivery fee for every restaurant too. A free delivery code helps you offset that cost, which could easily become 15-20% of the entire order. In case your code is worth more than the delivery charge for your order, no worries! It would simply take the remaining dollar amount off your actual order.
Do they expire? What are they worth?
Some delivery codes are provided at sign up, are meant for one-time use only, and never expire.
Others are emailed, promoted via social media channels or made available in coupons websites periodically and expire within a few weeks.
Typically, the codes are worth $10-15, which aligns well with usual DoorDash service delivery charges of $5-$8. If your code is worth more than the delivery charge, it’d work on your order too! For example, with a code for $10, for a $12 order with $5 delivery you pay only $7!
You accumulate referral credits, each new sign-up earns you $5. So if you get ten friends to sign up for DoorDash, you could get your next five orders (at least) for free!
Best times to use the free delivery code
DoorDash free delivery codes are free of order-size limits. No matter how big or how small your order, the free delivery is assured. However, delivery fee for a big party (guests over at yours, office meetings) could be pretty steep depending on the gratuity policy of the local merchant. For smaller orders or restaurant locations which are close by, the delivery charges might be small too.
Moral of the story: It’s probably best to save a free delivery code for times when you’re stuck in an appointment, (or in spending a family Christmas in Minnesota), or just not in the mood to part with a delivery fee. Comfort of not having to leave home meets great food!
Friday evenings are typically busy for several merchants, which affects delivery times, quality of service etc. It might be wise to save the codes for times when your delivery is worth it.
DoorDash tipping and tipping policy – should you tip your driver?
It’s always a good idea to tip the drivers, especially in a low-margin business model as this.
Keep in mind however, for large orders like team lunches, if DoorDash compensates for commissions, their marked-up menu prices can be already up to 15% more than the actual prices at location. That, along with the service charges is usually more than enough compensation for drivers.
DoorDash’s official policy states ‘tips are appreciated, but not required’.
Why our delivery code is better than one found on Retailmenot?
- Reliable codes and coupons. Since our codes come directly from the service model, they are not limited count, don’t expire before their expiry dates and is backed up by refund policy.
- Convenience of guaranteed delivery times, even on the busiest of days.
- Quality products. We sign up restaurants rarely found on other delivery systems, deliver food in hot bags, and keeps you in touch with unique local businesses.
You Might Also Like
Table of Contents
- DoorDash Free Delivery Code
- What is DoorDash?
- Save with a DoorDash free delivery code
- DoorDash Promo Code
- – Click To Apply Promotion –
- What does a DoorDash free delivery code get you?
- Do they expire? What are they worth?
- Best times to use the free delivery code
- DoorDash tipping and tipping policy – should you tip your driver?
- Why our delivery code is better than one found on Retailmenot?