So you’re ready to become a driver! The next step is a breeze. On the Uber app and website you’ll find the application form waiting for your details.
How to fill out an Uber driver application
Type in your name and email address. Make sure this is an email account you check regularly. Uber also needs a few details about your location and your current phone number. Don’t worry if anything isn’t right, the form will tell you. You can also enter any promotional codes you have at this point (if it isn’t automatically added by a referral link). See the section on Sign-On bonuses for more information.
Then, simply follow the steps on screen and you’ll be done in no time:
- Uber will have to verify your social security number. This is kept private and only used for a background check.
- Next they need a few details about the make and model of your car. This also involves taking and sending a few digital photos to confirm your car’s suitability.
- Then Uber will ask for more details about you. They will need your license details, car registration and insurance information.
- You will see a simple training/introduction video which will go over topics like using the app and ways to please your customers. You will be tested on what you saw so pay attention!
- Finally they will offer you an Xpert session. See the section on your Xpert session for more information.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions after reading them carefully, then submit your form. You can also leave the app or site and come back to your application at a later time.
You can return to the Uber site at any time to check on the status of your application. You can also contact their support team to ask any questions about the process or submit more information. Just visit the contact page listed on the main site.
Remember that it can take several weeks to perform a background check and if you do need to get in touch with Uber, have as much relevant information as possible on hand to speed up the process. During this time you will also be prompted to organise a mechanical test at a local centre to ensure that your car is roadworthy.
Soon you’ll be part of a growing community of rideshare drivers!