Think back to the last time you wanted to call an Uber, but you didn’t know exactly how much it was going to cost. You requested the ride anyways, only to find out that the ride was on surge the whole time, and now your bank account has $150 less than it did before. What if there was a way to avoid this? Good news: There is.
Free Online Uber Fare Estimator
After hearing countless stories of people getting blindsided by huge Uber ride fares, we decided to take action and build a tool to help users avoid the problem altogether. We are happy to announce our new tool: the Uber Fare Estimator. Our tool is incredibly helpful when estimating Uber fare prices and ride quotes.
The concept is simple. Just enter your pickup location and ending destination, and our Uber Fare Estimator will automatically return helpful information including available Uber types, driver arrival times, estimated ride time, and most importantly of all, an accurate estimate of what your ride will cost. Check it out:
Embed This Widget on Your Site
If you like this tool and want to embed it on your site, we make it easy. Simply copy the code from below, then paste it into your site. You will then have a fully working Uber Fare Calculator like you see above. Users love this widget so much that entire sites like Uber Fare Estimator have popped up and are exclusively using our widget. That being said, your users will love it too!
How to Estimate an Uber Fare
Using the Uber Fare Estimator is very easy, and you will be well on your way to predicting your Uber trip price in minutes with just a few steps.
1. Enter your starting point in the Uber Fare Estimator widget
2. Enter your end destination and hit the big blue “Calculate” button
3. The estimator will think for a minute then return an estimate that includes types of rides available and their total costs, routes, and other details
4. Click the hyperlink to view even more details, such as a Google Maps map of your route and a promo code that will give new Uber users a free $20 ride credit on their first ride
Why Embed on Your Site?
Embedding our Uber Fare Estimator widget on your website will give real-time Uber fare quotes in minutes, allowing your readers to know what their ride will cost before they take it. This is not only a useful tool, but also a great conversation starter among groups and forums.
Of course, the applications are endless, and obviously not limited to the ones we named.
Why Choose Our Widget Over Competitors
When looking for an Uber pricing estimator widget, choose us over our competitors. While accuracy is limited to the open Uber API, there are a number of other advantages to using our Uber pricing widget over those of our competitors.
First, our tool is very easy to use, and incredibly user-friendly. Unlike some other pricing widgets, our Uber Ride Fare Estimator is simple, intuitive, and straightforward. All you have to do is input your beginning and ending destinations, and our tool does the heavy lifting. Getting real-time, accurate price quotes has never been easier.
Second, we make it easy to embed our tool in your site using simple, easy HTML code that you can copy and paste. We’ve already taken care of the design and functionality, so all you have to do is figure out where you want an estimator, then place the code there. Once you do, you’ll have a fully functioning Uber pricing tool right on your own site, courtesy of us :).
Third, in our opinion, our widget looks very minimalistic and is a great complement to almost any webpage that it gets embedded in. Rather than use a clunky, poorly designed widget that will stick out of your site like a sore thumb, embedding our widget on your site will complement your site design, no matter how simple or intricate. We designed it this way on purpose, so that it wouldn’t be overpowering and could be inserted into almost any site and still look great.
Uber Fare Estimator FAQ
Below you’ll find answers to some common questions about our Uber estimate tool.
Who else in the industry uses your Uber Fare Estimator tool?
Here are some sites that use our tool:
What is the difference between your estimator and competitors’?
As we touched on earlier in this post, the difference between our tool and other ones flooding the market at the moment is quite drastic. Our tool looks nice, is easy to use, and is incredibly easy to embed within your site if you’re looking to provide ride estimates yourself. We’ve done the hard work, so embedding this is as easy as copying and pasting a few lines of code. That’s it!
Do you have a ride fare estimators for Lyft?
Yes, our tool can also estimate fares for Lyft rides. Just click “Estimate Lyft Fare” after you’ve typed in your pickup point and dropoff point.
What types of Uber cars are available to passengers?
There are six different types of Uber rides currently available to most cities: UberX, UberXL, UberBLACK, UberTAXI, UberSUV, and UberLUX.
- UberTAXI: Riders can request an UberTAXI as a budget option. UberTAXI costs the least of all the options, and is a standard cab with seating for up to 4 riders.
- UberX: UberX is a normal, everyday car that is driven by drivers in the Uber community. These types of cars are usually nothing special, and normally simple cars like Honda Accords or Toyota Camrys. This is the cheapest and most-used type of Uber ride.
- UberXL: Next comes UberXL, which is a larger version of UberX. These SUVs can fit up to 7 people, but cost a little more than a normal UberX since they cost more to run. Good examples include Chevy Suburbans or other larger SUVs.
- UberBLACK: An UberBLACK is a nicer version of UberX. An UberBLACK is usually a high-end luxury sedan like a Mercedes-Benz or Lexus. These rides are significantly higher than an UberX, but at this point, you usually don’t care. It is luxury at an affordable cost.
- UberSUV: Riders with larger groups tend to favor an UberSUV if they want to arrive in style. This type of ride costs a little more than an UberXL, but it comes with the luxury you would expect when riding in a hired limo. Suit and tie driver, “yes sir,” “no sir,” etc. A slice of luxury at the touch of a button.
What types of Uber fares can I estimate with this tool?
Our Uber estimator allows users to estimate many different types of Uber ride prices. When you enter a pickup and dropoff location, our tool will automatically detect and cross-reference the coverage area with the types of Uber cars available in that area. See the previous section for the most common types.
Where does the Uber fare estimate tool work?
Our tool works in any city that has Uber or Lyft coverage. Here are just a few example cities:
- Los Angeles
How much does Uber cost?
Uber ride fares are based on a few different criteria. These include time, distance, and miscellaneous fees that come with every ride. But above all, the cost of your Uber ride depends greatly on what type of Uber ride you request. Our Uber Fare Estimator will help you get quotes for all types of Uber rides.
Get the Uber Fare Estimate You Need
We hope this guide has helped you get the price estimate you need for your next Uber ride. No one likes to pay way more than they expected. With our tool, you can take the ambiguity out of Uber fares.